Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Recording your ideas

Sometimes it's tough to record my ideas. There are times when I get ideas in the shower, driving in the car, or even while I'm sleeping. And you're probably wondering how do you get those ideas down? I've considered buying a dry erase board for the shower. I have bought a digital recorder. And I've considered checking myself into a sleep disorder clinic just to have my thoughts recorded at night.

I find that the most reliable way to get my ideas down is to carry a small notebook and pen with me all the time. Okay, so I don't take it in the shower but I can keep it in the bathroom next to me. I can take it in the car when I have some place to go. This simplifies the process, this way all of my ideas are in one book and I can flip through and cross out when necessary.

Once I have several ideas I input them in the computer. My husband and I are attempting to digitize our lives to cut down on the paper load in our house.

I don't know what method works for you but there are several ways to record your ideas. The digital record worked for awhile. It was great when I was driving but it seemed to always get lost in my purse. Now most cell phones have a voice recording option. I would recommend using your cell, it will save you money and most people can access it quickly in the car.

Just get your ideas down, even if they seem ridiculous. You never know when you might be able to use them.

No comments: