Friday, August 24, 2007

The Crazy Characters in my Head

So, you want to be a writer? Are you prepared to be awakened in the middle of a deep sleep by a long distance, collect call from one of your crazy characters? Are you aware that sometimes these characters can be worse than stalkers? Worse than your own children?




Let me tell you, I am constantly bothered by my characters. Ones in current books and ones who haven't an identity yet but are demanding one. It can get quite tiring dealing with the children I create. And yes, I consider them my children - my babies. After all, that is what they are, aren't they?




If you're considering becoming a writer, I think you might first consider your genre. At least so far I haven't had to worry about killers and psychopaths terrifying me - but you just might.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.